my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Save our Nation Bulletin Board   » Religion   » Religion   » GOD'S COMPASSION AND POWER

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOD'S COMPASSION AND POWER
Jay D. Cole
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2008 01:31 PM     Profile for Jay D. Cole   Author's Homepage   Email Jay D. Cole     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Member Rated:
posted November 21, 2007 10:45 AM Profile for Jay D. Cole Author's Homepage Email Jay D. Cole Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted September 03, 2007 01:21 PM Profile for Jay D. Cole Author's Homepage Email Jay D. Cole Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote My study of the Bible for the past 60 years has answered many questions. The major problem that I have faced is the dependence on commentators to explain various passages of Scriptures, people who were and are long time writers, theologians, pastors, seminary professors and the like.

Through the many years of study, and all through college I have been continually amazed at the varied opinions proported as truth and fact (with emphasis on "fact") Writers and teachers on varied sections of the Bible has resulted in the creation of thousands of book publishers who have established major publishing houses, dependent on various writers to keep them in business. Scripture has been the major victim of their subjects. One well known writer, my dear friend Tim LaHaye, stated that many of the writers have contracts with publishers to produce a minimun number of books each year. Such compulsion, it seems to me, would create pressure to produce thus possibly creating a dilution of the subject matter.

One such case it that of Dave Hunt and his recent publication, "What Love Is This" which constitutes a seemingly vicious attack and put down of Calvinistic doctrine. While I do not totally agree with all that John Calvin is proported to have taught and believed, I do not believe nor can I accept that God, the Great Creator of this universe and all that is in it is anything but perfect, that He is the Master of Sovreign Grace, that He knew the end from the beginning, and that shedding the blood of Christ at Calvary was the seal of the names that He clearly says were "Written in the Lamb's Book of Life before the foundation of the world. His statements through John in chapter 6 confirms that NO ONE can come to Him unless the Holy Spirit draws him or her.

In my study and outlining and highlighting of over 40 verses and references in several Bibles, I have attempted to display all of the statements that Scriptures make regarding God's great program of Sovreign Grace pointing to the fact that He is the Great Creator who decides who will be saved and also those who will not. I will attempt to list these Scriptures in order, both those regarding God's elect, and those who clearly are NOT elected for salvation.

To say that I understand WHY He did what He did would be presumptious. I can only say that those who are basically of the Armenian group who feel that God's mind can be changed from day to day, and that He did not know the progression and conclusion of His entire program create far more problems in determining the purpose and intent of God's Word than they solve.

Here are just a few of the Scriptures that refer to those who are the "elect", and will be followed by those that Scripture clearly states are NOT elect.

--------------------

--------------------

JAY D. COLE 16261 PIN OAK RD.
FAYETTEVILLE, AR. 72704
PHONE 479-443-2135 479-530-1713
Posts: 274 | From: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged
Jay D. Cole
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted September 04, 2007 09:24 AM Profile for Jay D. Cole Author's Homepage Email Jay D. Cole Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote SCRIPTURES DENOTING GOD'S ELECT AND THE NON-ELECT

he following scriptures are from the New King James Version Bible followed verse by verse from the New Living Translation.

GOD’S GREAT PROGRAM OF SOVEREIGN GRACE IS DETAILED IN HUNDREDS OF SCRIPTURES. CONTRATRY TO THE WRITINGS OF SOME VERY GOOD AUTHORS SCRIPTURE BEARS OUR THE FACT THAT GOD HAS A PROGRAM OF ELECTION AS DETAILED IN THE FOLLOWING AND MANY MORE VERSES FROM HIS WORD.
MAY OUR LORD BLESS THIS EFFORT TO REFUTE THE IDEA THAT WE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH OUR SALVATION LEAVING OUT THE SACRIFICIAL BLOOD OF CHRIST AS FULL PAYMENT FOR THE SINS OF THOSE HE CALLS TO HIMSELF.

Reference Scripture to the Subject of the Non-Elect

Job 21:30
NKJV
For the wicked are reserved for the day of doom; They shall be brought out on the day of wrath.
NLT
Evil people are spared in times of calamity and are allowed to escape.

Job 31:2-3
NKJV
2 For what is the allotment of God from above, And the inheritance of the Almighty from on high?
3 Is it not destruction for the wicked, And disaster for the workers of iniquity?
NLT
2 What has God above chosen for us? What is our inheritance from the Almighty on high?
3 It is calamity for the wicked, misfortune for those who do evil.

Psalms 58:3
NKJV
The wicked are estranged from the womb; They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
NLT
These wicked people are born sinners; even from birth they have lied and gone their own way.

Proverbs 16:4
NKJV
The Lord has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.
NLT
The LORD has made everything for his own purposes, even the wicked for punishment.

Habakkuk 1:12
NKJV
Are You not from everlasting, O Lord my God, my Holy One? We shall not die. O Lord, You have appointed them for judgment; O Rock, You have marked them for correction.
NLT
O LORD my God, my Holy One, you who are eternal – is your plan in all of this to wipe us out? Surely not! O LORD our Rock, you have decreed the rise of these Babylonians to punish and correct us for our terrible sins.

Habakkuk 2:12
NKJV
"Woe to him who builds a town with bloodshed, Who establishes a city by iniquity!
NLT
"How terrible it will be for you who build cities with money gained by murder and corruption!

John 14:24
NKJV
He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
NLT
Anyone who doesn't love me will not do what I say. And remember, my words are not my own. This message is from the Father who sent me.

Romans 8:7-8
NKJV
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
NLT
7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will.
8 That's why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

2 Peter 2:4-12
NKJV
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;
5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;
6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;
7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked
8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)--
9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment,
10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries,
11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption,
NLT
4 For God did not spare even the angels when they sinned; he threw them into hell, in gloomy caves and darkness until the judgment day.
5 And God did not spare the ancient world – except for Noah and his family of seven. Noah warned the world of God's righteous judgment. Then God destroyed the whole world of ungodly people with a vast flood.
6 Later, he turned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into heaps of ashes and swept them off the face of the earth. He made them an example of what will happen to ungodly people.
7 But at the same time, God rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a good man who was sick of all the immorality and wickedness around him.
8 Yes, he was a righteous man who was distressed by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day.
9 So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while punishing the wicked right up until the day of judgment.
10 He is especially hard on those who follow their own evil, lustful desires and who despise authority. These people are proud and arrogant, daring even to scoff at the glorious ones without so much as trembling.
11 But the angels, even though they are far greater in power and strength than these false teachers, never speak out disrespectfully against the glorious ones.
12 These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, who are born to be caught and killed. They laugh at the terrifying powers they know so little about, and they will be destroyed along with them.

Reference Scripture to the Subject of God’s Elect

Exodus 33:19
NKJV
Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
NLT
The LORD replied, "I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, 'the LORD,' to you. I will show kindness to anyone I choose, and I will show mercy to anyone I choose.

2 Chronicles 6:30
NKJV
then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men),
NLT
then hear from heaven where you live, and forgive. Give your people whatever they deserve, for you alone know the human heart.

Job 14:5
NKJV
Since his days are determined, The number of his months is with You; You have appointed his limits, so that he cannot pass.
NLT
You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer.

Job 31:2-3
NKJV
2 For what is the allotment of God from above, And the inheritance of the Almighty from on high?
3 Is it not destruction for the wicked, And disaster for the workers of iniquity?
NLT
2 What has God above chosen for us? What is our inheritance from the Almighty on high?
3 It is calamity for the wicked, misfortune for those who do evil.

Psalms 65:4
NKJV
Blessed is the man You choose, And cause to approach You, That he may dwell in Your courts. We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Of Your holy temple.
NLT
What joy for those you choose to bring near, those who live in your holy courts. What joys await us inside your holy Temple.

Psalms 139:16
NKJV
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.
NLT
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

Proverbs 8:23-30
NKJV
23 I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills, I was brought forth;
26 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields, Or the primeval dust of the world.
27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there, When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 When He established the clouds above, When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29 When He assigned to the sea its limit, So that the waters would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman; F14 And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him,
NLT
23 I was appointed in ages past, at the very first, before the earth began.
24 I was born before the oceans were created, before the springs bubbled forth their waters.
25 Before the mountains and the hills were formed, I was born –
26 before he had made the earth and fields and the first handfuls of soil.
27 "I was there when he established the heavens, when he drew the horizon on the oceans.
28 I was there when he set the clouds above, when he established the deep fountains of the earth.
29 I was there when he set the limits of the seas, so they would not spread beyond their boundaries. And when he marked off the earth's foundations,
30 I was the architect at his side. I was his constant delight, rejoicing always in his presence.

Proverbs 16:33
NKJV
The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the Lord.
NLT
We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall.

Isaiah 8:18
NKJV
Here am I and the children whom the Lord has given me! We are for signs and wonders in Israel From the Lord of hosts, Who dwells in Mount Zion.
NLT
I and the children the LORD has given me have names that reveal the plans the LORD Almighty has for his people.

[B]Isaiah 43:10
NKJV
"You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.
NLT
"But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "And you are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God; there never has been and never will be.

Isaiah 46:9-10
NKJV
9 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'
NLT
9 And do not forget the things I have done throughout history. For I am God – I alone! I am God, and there is no one else like me.
10 Only I can tell you what is going to happen even before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.

Isaiah 53:12
NKJV
Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.
NLT
I will give him the honors of one who is mighty and great, because he exposed himself to death. He was counted among those who were sinners. He bore the sins of many and interceded for sinners.

Isaiah 65:22
NKJV
They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
NLT
It will not be like the past, when invaders took the houses and confiscated the vineyards. For my people will live as long as trees and will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains.

Jeremiah 1:5
NKJV
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."
NLT
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my spokesman to the world."

Jeremiah 15:2
NKJV
And it shall be, if they say to you, 'Where should we go?' then you shall tell them, 'Thus says the Lord: "Such as are for death, to death; And such as are for the sword, to the sword; And such as are for the famine, to the famine; And such as are for the captivity, to the captivity." '
NLT
And if they say to you, 'But where can we go?' tell them, 'This is what the LORD says: Those who are destined for death, to death; those who are destined for war, to war; those who are destined for famine, to famine; those who are destined for captivity, to captivity.'

Daniel 4:25
NKJV
They shall drive you from men, your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make you eat grass like oxen. They shall wet you with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over you, till you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses.
NLT
You will be driven from human society, and you will live in the fields with the wild animals. You will eat grass like a cow, and you will be drenched with the dew of heaven. Seven periods of time will pass while you live this way, until you learn that the Most High rules over the kingdoms of the world and gives them to anyone he chooses.

Daniel 5:21
NKJV
Then he was driven from the sons of men, his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild donkeys. They fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till he knew that the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses.
NLT
He was driven from human society. He was given the mind of an animal, and he lived among the wild donkeys. He ate grass like a cow, and he was drenched with the dew of heaven, until he learned that the Most High God rules the kingdoms of the world and appoints anyone he desires to rule over them.

Daniel 12:1
NKJV
"At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book.
NLT
"At that time Michael, the archangel F59 who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued.

Joel 2:32
NKJV
And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the Lord has said, Among the remnant whom the Lord calls.
NLT
And anyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. There will be people on Mount Zion in Jerusalem who escape, just as the LORD has said. These will be among the survivors whom the LORD has called.

Matthew 25:34
NKJV
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
NLT
Then the King will say to those on the right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Mark 13:20, 22, 27
NKJV
20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.
22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.
NLT
20 In fact, unless the Lord shortens that time of calamity, the entire human race will be destroyed. But for the sake of his chosen ones he has shortened those days.
22 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform miraculous signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones.
27 And he will send forth his angels to gather together his chosen ones from all over the world – from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.

Mark 14:24
NKJV
And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.
NLT
And he said to them, "This is my blood, poured out for many, sealing the covenant F81 between God and his people.

Luke 10:20
NKJV
20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
22 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."
NLT
But don't rejoice just because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered as citizens of heaven."

John 1:13
NKJV
who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
NLT
They are reborn! This is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan – this rebirth comes from God.

John 6:44
NKJV
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
NLT
For people can't come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them from the dead.

John 14:17
NKJV
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
NLT
He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you do, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

John 15:16, 19
NKJV
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
NLT
16 You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.
19 The world would love you if you belonged to it, but you don't. I chose you to come out of the world, and so it hates you.

Acts 2:39
NKJV
For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
NLT
This promise is to you and to your children, and even to the Gentiles F12 – all who have been called by the Lord our God."

Acts 4:28
NKJV
to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done.
NLT
In fact, everything they did occurred according to your eternal will and plan.

Acts 10:41
NKJV
not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead.
NLT
not to the general public, F51 but to us whom God had chosen beforehand to be his witnesses. We were those who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.

Acts 13:48
NKJV
Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
NLT
When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were appointed to eternal life became believers.

Romans 9:21
NKJV
Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
NLT
When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into?

Romans 11:4-10
NKJV
4 But what does the divine response say to him? "I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal."
5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see And ears that they should not hear, To this very day."
9 And David says: "Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, And bow down their back always."
NLT
4 And do you remember God's reply? He said, "You are not the only one left. I have seven thousand others who have never bowed down to Baal!"
5 It is the same today, for not all the Jews have turned away from God. A few are being saved as a result of God's kindness in choosing them.
6 And if they are saved by God's kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God's wonderful kindness would not be what it really is – free and undeserved.
7 So this is the situation: Most of the Jews have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have – the ones God has chosen – but the rest were made unresponsive.
8 As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this very day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear." F68
9 David spoke of this same thing when he said, "Let their bountiful table become a snare, a trap that makes them think all is well. Let their blessings cause them to stumble.
10 Let their eyes go blind so they cannot see, and let their backs grow weaker and weaker."

Galatians 1:15
NKJV
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,
NLT
But then something happened! For it pleased God in his kindness to choose me and call me, even before I was born! What undeserved mercy!

Galatians 3:8
NKJV
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed."
NLT
What's more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would accept the Gentiles, too, on the basis of their faith. God promised this good news to Abraham long ago when he said, "All nations will be blessed through you."

Colossians 1:12-13, 27
NKJV
12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
NLT
12 always thanking the Father, who has enabled you to share the inheritance that belongs to God's holy people, who live in the light.
13 For he has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son.
27 For it has pleased God to tell his people that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. For this is the secret: Christ lives in you, and this is your assurance that you will share in his glory.

Colossians 3:12
NKJV
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
NLT
Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

2 Timothy 2:10, 19
NKJV
10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
NLT
10 I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.
19 But God's truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and "Those who claim they belong to the Lord must turn away from all wickedness."

1 Peter 2:7-9
NKJV
7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, F10 "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"
8 and "A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
NLT
7 Yes, he is very precious to you who believe. But for those who reject him, "The stone that was rejected by the builders has now become the cornerstone."
8 And the Scriptures also say, "He is the stone that makes people stumble, the rock that will make them fall." They stumble because they do not listen to God's word or obey it, and so they meet the fate that has been planned for them.
9 But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God's holy nation, his very own possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

Reference Scripture to the Subject of the Book of Life

Exodus 32:33
NKJV
And the Lord said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book.
NLT
The LORD replied to Moses, "I will blot out whoever has sinned against me.

Psalms 69:28
NKJV
Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, And not be written with the righteous.
NLT
Erase their names from the Book of Life; don't let them be counted among the righteous.

Daniel 12:1
NKJV
"At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book.
NLT
"At that time Michael, the archangel who stands guard over your nation, will arise. Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued.

Matthew 25:34
NKJV
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
NLT
Then the King will say to those on the right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Luke 10:20
NKJV
Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
NLT
But don't rejoice just because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered as citizens of heaven."

Romans 8:30
NKJV
Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
NLT
And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And he gave them right standing with himself, and he promised them his glory.

Philippians 4:3
NKJV
And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.
NLT
And I ask you, my true teammate, to help these women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. And they worked with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life.

Hebrews 12:23
NKJV
to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
NLT
You have come to the assembly of God's firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge of all people. And you have come to the spirits of the redeemed in heaven who have now been made perfect.

Revelation 3:5
NKJV
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
NLT
All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.

Revelation 13:8
NKJV
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 17:8
NKJV
The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
NLT
And all the people who belong to this world worshiped the beast. They are the ones whose names were not written in the Book of Life, which belongs to the Lamb who was killed before the world was made.

Revelation 20:12
NKJV
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
NLT
I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in the books, according to what they had done.

Revelation 21:27
NKJV
But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Reference Scripture to the Subject of the Judgment on the Wicked

Psalms 11:5, 6
NKJV
5 The Lord tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals; Fire and brimstone and a burning wind Shall be the portion of their cup.
NLT
5 The LORD examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates everyone who loves violence.
6 He rains down blazing coals on the wicked, punishing them with burning sulfur and scorching winds.

Psalms 12:3, 4
NKJV
3 May the Lord cut off all flattering lips, And the tongue that speaks proud things,
4 Who have said, "With our tongue we will prevail; Our lips are our own; Who is lord over us?"
NLT
3 May the LORD bring their flattery to an end and silence their proud tongues.
4 They say, "We will lie to our hearts' content. Our lips are our own – who can stop us?"

Reference Scripture to the Subject of Abortion

Psalms 139:16
NKJV
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.
NLT
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

Jeremiah 7:31, 32
NKJV
31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into My heart.
32 "Therefore behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "when it will no more be called Tophet, or the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter; for they will bury in Tophet until there is no room.
NLT
31 They have built the pagan shrines of Topheth in the valley of the son of Hinnom, where they sacrifice their little sons and daughters in the fire. I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind to command such a thing!
32 So beware, for the time is coming," says the LORD, "when that place will no longer be called Topheth or the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter. They will bury so many bodies in Topheth that there won't be room for all the graves.

Don’t Even Pray for These:

Jeremiah 11:14
NKJV
"So do not pray for this people, or lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not hear them in the time that they cry out to Me because of their trouble.
NLT
"Pray no more for these people, Jeremiah. Do not weep or pray for them, for I will not listen to them when they cry out to me in distress.

[ August 29, 2007: Message edited by: Jay D. Cole ]
Posts: 758 | From: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged

All times are Central Standard
Post New Topic Post A Reply Close Topic Move Topic Delete Topic next oldest topic next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Save Our Nation

Copyright © 2007, Save Our Nation

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.05

--------------------

FAYETTEVILLE, AR. 72704
Posts: 274 | From: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged

Post New Topic Post A Reply Close Topic Move Topic Delete Topic next oldest topic next newest topic
Hop To:

--------------------

FAYETTEVILLE, AR. 72704
Posts: 277 | From: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged

Hop To:

--------------------

FAYETTEVILLE, AR. 72704

Posts: 297 | From: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2008, Save Our Nation

Hosted by Meridian Data Systems, Inc.