my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Save our Nation Bulletin Board   » Open Topics   » Open Topics   » THIS FROM MY GOOD FRIEND KERBY ANDERSON

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THIS FROM MY GOOD FRIEND KERBY ANDERSON
Jay D. Cole, Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 05, 2009 08:20 AM     Profile for Jay D. Cole, Admin   Author's Homepage   Email Jay D. Cole, Admin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KERBY was with Point Of View broadcast for many years. I suggest that all get on his mail list.

Dear Jay,

A surprising number of our elected officials are talking about the need to bring back the Fairness Doctrine. While this has been a concern of conservative and Christian broadcasters for some time, it is quickly becoming a serious threat.

Several liberal senators and congressmen have begun to openly call for the return of the Fairness Doctrine or something like it. There are even signals coming from the Obama administration that he is considering it as well.

Click here to hear audio from Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) as well as Senator Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) calling for the return of the Fairness Doctrine or something like it. Click here to send an email to both of your U.S. senators and your congressman asking them to oppose the Fairness Doctrine.

Conservative Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) says that Christian broadcasters will not be immune from the effects of this type of legislation. He told the Culture & Media Institute,

“Religious messages are, often times, inherently political. Even when they are not, they could be considered controversial, and under the Fairness Doctrine as it once existed, controversial issues of public importance must be presented in an equitable and balanced manner.”
This legislation would likely challenge broadcasters on more than just content about abortion, homosexuality and other such subjects. In our politically correct world, simply saying that Jesus is the only way to heaven could create problems for Christian broadcasters.

Imagine a Christian radio or television station being forced to provide airtime (at their own expense) to Muslim clerics or leaders of other religious groups to refute Christian claims.

Christians have been systematically challenged in virtually every public venue and in many cases had their freedom to share or express their faith taken from them. This would be a huge step toward totally silencing Christians in our society.

Please take a moment right now to protect your religious freedoms by sending an email to both of your senators and your congressman asking them to oppose the Fairness Doctrine. You can send it to all four at the same time by clicking this link. Could I also ask that you forward this email to your friends and family and encourage them to sign the petition as well?

We need to create a groundswell of opposition against this dangerous attack on our freedom before it can gain any more traction. Please take a moment right now to sign the petition and ask your friends and family to do the same!

Sincerely in Christ,
Kerby Anderson, Host
Point of View Radio Talk Show

Forward to a Friend | Unsubscribe | E-mail preferences | Privacy Policy
©1997-2008 Point of View
P.O. Box 30 • Dallas, Texas 75221

Posts: 819 | From: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
StevenG
Member # 112

Member Rated:

posted March 08, 2009 06:02 PM     Profile for StevenG   Author's Homepage   Email StevenG     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think we're going to find out pretty soon who the real Christians are. Decision time is coming. Will we serve God or bow down to government?
Posts: 683 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Standard  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Save Our Nation

Copyright © 2008, Save Our Nation

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.05

Hosted by Meridian Data Systems, Inc.