my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  Save our Nation Bulletin Board   » Open Topics   » Open Topics   » GOD'S SOVEREIGN GRACE IN SCRIPTURE

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOD'S SOVEREIGN GRACE IN SCRIPTURE
Jay D. Cole
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 17, 2007 07:39 PM     Profile for Jay D. Cole   Author's Homepage   Email Jay D. Cole     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My study of the Bible for the past 60 years has answered many questions. The major problem that I have faced is the dependence on commentators to explain various passages of Scriptures, people who were and are long time writers, theologians, pastors, seminary professors and the like.

Through the many years of study, and all through college I have been continually amazed at the varied opinions proported as truth and fact (with emphasis on "fact") Writers and teachers on varied sections of the Bible has resulted in the creation of thousands of book publishers who have established major publishing houses, dependent on various writers to keep them in business.  Scripture has been the major victim of their subjects.  One well known writer, my dear friend Tim LaHaye, stated that many of the writers have contracts with publishers to produce a minimun number of books each year.  Such compulsion, it seems to me, would create pressure to produce thus possibly creating a dilution of the subject matter.

One such case it that of Dave Hunt and his recent publication, "What Love Is This" which constitutes a seemingly vicious attack and put down of Calvinistic doctrine.  While I do not totally agree with all that John Calvin is proported to have taught and believed, I do not believe nor can I accept that God, the Great Creator of this universe and all that is in it is anything but perfect, that He is the Master of Sovreign Grace, that He knew the end from the beginning, and that shedding the blood of Christ at Calvary was the seal of the names that He clearly says were "Written in the Lamb's Book of Life before the foundation of the world. His statements through John in chapter 6 confirms that NO ONE can come to Him unless the Holy Spirit draws him or her.

In my study and outlining and highlighting of over 40 verses and references in several Bibles, I have attempted to display all of the statements that Scriptures make regarding God's great program of Sovreign Grace pointing to the fact that He is the Great Creator who decides who will be saved and also those who will not. I will attempt to list these Scriptures in order, both those regarding God's elect, and those who clearly are NOT elected for salvation.

To say that I understand WHY He did what He did would be presumptious. I can only say that those who are basically of the Armenian group who feel that God's mind can be changed from day to day, and that He did not know the progression and conclusion of His entire program create far more problems in determining the purpose and intent of God's Word than they solve.

Here are just a few of the Scriptures that refer to those who are the "elect", and will be followed by those that Scripture clearly states are NOT elect.

--------------------

JAY D. COLE 16261 PIN OAK RD.
FAYETTEVILLE, AR. 72704
PHONE 479-443-2135 479-530-1713

Posts: 297 | From: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Standard  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Save Our Nation

Copyright © 2008, Save Our Nation

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.05

Hosted by Meridian Data Systems, Inc.